Please enter search criteria
SCTCC BOOKSTORE RENTAL AGREEMENT SUMMER 2020
You have entered into a rental agreement with our bookstore to loan you one copy of a selected title. Rental textbooks are the intellectual property of the author(s) and are copyrighted by the author(s) or publishers. Textbooks rentals are not to be reproduced. The rental agreement is only effective for the current semester. Per terms of this agreement, you are responsible for the following:
- I understand that it is my responsibility to return the rented textbooks on or before Friday, August 14th, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. or pay the retail price minus the rental fee to replace the book.
- Rental returns will be accepted in the bookstore anytime during business hours or at the end of the term buyback.Rental returns and buyback textbooks can both be processed at the buyback.Student ID is required to process all rental returns/buyback textbooks.
- I understand the rental textbook is the property of the bookstore, owned and operated by St. Cloud Technical & Community College.To rent a textbook, I must pay the textbook rental fee for applicable textbook and secure the rental with a major debit/credit card.By accepting the terms of the textbook rental program, I promise to return the rented textbook to the bookstore in good, undamaged condition.I completely understand writing, underlining, marking and/or highlighting is not permitted for new rental textbooks.The return date for Summer 2020 semester rented textbooks is on or before Friday, August 14th, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
- I authorize the bookstore to charge the securing debit/credit card provided, or should the debit/credit card be dishonored, I authorize the bookstore to charge my St. Cloud Technical & Community College student account the dollar amount equal to the replacement price of the book if:
- The rented textbooks are not returned on or before Friday, August 14th, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
- The rented textbooks are returned in a condition that is not reusable.
- The rented textbooks have been lost or stolen.
The replacement price is determined using the retail shelf price of the identical book at the time the rental was purchased at the bookstore minus the rental fee.
- I agree that all identifying stickers/labels on the textbooks must remain intact and must not be removed, altered or obliterated.
- I understand that if I drop a course for which I have rented a textbook, the rental fee is refundable only when I return the rental textbook before Monday, June 1st, 2020 a by 5:00 p.m.No other refunds are allowed for textbooks rented under this agreement.
I have read and fully understand the provisions and terms of this agreement and the St. Cloud Technical & Community College Bookstore Textbook Rental Policy and agree to be bound thereby as evidenced by my acceptance of this agreement.