Join Our Team!
The following positions are currently available at the SCTCC BOOKStore. All student positions are work-study eligible with a pay-rate starting at $12.00 per hour.
Student Customer Service Associate (work-study)
A successful Customer Service Associate will display a customer-priority demeanor at all times through genuine interactions and the ability to offer solutions to customers that align with the Bookstore polices.
Customer Service positions have a weekly schedule of up to 20 hours per week.
Associates will be expected to:
- Process online orders
- Project a positive image of the Bookstore to the SCTCC Community
- Promote customer loyalty by educating customers about in store products and events
- Maintain a clean and visually appealing shopping experience for our customers
- Assist in accurate inventory management through stocking and monitoring of expiration dates
- Take direction from the Bookstore leadership team
- Enrolled in at least three credits (six credits for work-study)
- Friendly, service-oriented demeanor
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Accurately count money, give change, issue receipt for funds received
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 25 pounds, stock merchandise by squatting, bending, and extending arms reach